Yield 5 Salads
Ingredients for Meal Prep (salad x5):
+ 2 Green, Red, Yellow & Orange Bell Peppers
+ 1 Red Onion
+ 1 Buffalo Cauliflower (Seasoning: 1 tbl Cummin, 2 tbl Chili Powder, s & p to taste – optional: Franks Red Hot)
+ 1 Head of Kale
+ 1 Bin Spinach
+ 1/2 Bag of Quinoa
+ 1 Bunch Cilantro
+ 2-3 Gloves of Garlic
+ Nutritional Yeast (optional – recommend for PlantBased eaters, a great source of B12)
Meal Prep Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 for Cauliflower.
- Get 5 + (depending on how many servings you want for meals) servings of Quinoa going on the stove top. Just follow the directions on the back of the bag of Quinoa.
- While oven preheats and Quinoa is cooking cut the entire head of cauliflower into florets.
- Throw cauliflower florets into a large bowl and toss with seasonings (I add Franks Red Hot for an extra kick but be mindful of the amount of sodium you’re adding). Mix, evenly coating all the cauli. Throw mixed cauli onto a cookie sheet covered with tin foil and place in oven for 10-15 minutes. I like mine crispy so once I start seeing browning edges I take the cauli out of the oven.
- While cauli is cooking in the oven roughly chop the peppers and onions. I use a cast iron skillet to give a nice char to my veggies and it takes out the need for oil.
- Throw all chopped veggies into cast iron. Let veggies cook for 5 minutes then add garlic, salt & pepper. Feel free to throw on any of your favorite Mexican seasonings like chili powder or cumin or just salt & pepper is fine.
Add avo, hummus or any other of your favorite fajita toppings like corn chips or fresh salsa.
Instructions for Meal Prep:
- Follow instructions below for single salad and place in 22 oz mason jar yield 5 salads.
- Eat cold – dump mason jar into a bowl.
- Eat warm – dump mason jar into a hot pan, let warm up on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
Recipe / Nutritional Facts For Single Salad from Meal Prep Recipe
Ingredients to Construct Salad:
+ 1/2 c Green, Red, Yellow & Orange Bell Peppers
+ 1/4 c Red Onion
+ 1/2 c Buffalo Cauliflower
+ 1 c Kale (for easier digestion massage kale with coconut oil)
+ 1 c Spinach
+ 1/2 c Quinoa
+ 1/4 c Cilantro
+ 2 tbl Nutritional Yeast
Nutritional Facts - doesnt include toppings