- gf + v -
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 2 carrots, diced (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion till its turning translucent an a little golden. Add the lentils, potato, carrots, and spices/seasonings, and stir to combine everything.
- Add the broth or water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender.
- Allow lentils to cool a bit, then serve with fresh avocado slices.