Gluten Free - Vegan - Delicious - No B.S.
+ 1 15 oz can of black beans
+ 1/4 c all natural peanut butter or almond butter
+ 2 tbl cocoa
+ 1/2 quick gluten-free oats
+ 1/3 c organic brown sugar
+ 1/4 c coconut flakes
+ 1/4 c coconut oil
+ 1 tsp baking powder
+ 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips + handful for after ingredients are blended.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except a handful of chocolate chips in Vitamix or blender/food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in a handful of chocolate chips.
- I use a cupcake pan – rub coconut oil into each individual cupcake, I use a paper towel and rub it in my coconut oil and onto the pan. Fill each cupcake pan halfway with brownie batter. Sometimes I add a swirl of almond butter to the brownies in each cupcake.
- Bake 9-12 minutes. I check at 9 minutes with a toothpick then every minute after. You’re looking for a clean toothpick a firm sponge feel.
- yield 9 brownies -
As frothy 1, 2, Avocado
+ 1 c hot water
+ 1 c homemade cashew milk (or sub other nut milk)
+ 1 scoop Tenzo Tea Matcha
+ 1/4 Avocado (secret frothy trick)
+ dash of cinnamon
++ if you like it sweet: add – agave or half a frozen banana
Add everything to Vitamix or blender – blend on high for 1-2 minutes until frothy.
Plant-based - GF - V
+ 3 garlic cloves, minced
+ 3 c vegetable broth (v + gf check labels!)
+ 1 small onion, chopped
+ 1 Green Pepper, chopped
+ 1 red pepper, chopped
+ 1 jalapeno, chopped
+ 28oz can crush tomatoes
+ 15oz can black beans
+ 15oz can kidney beans (really whatever beans you like or have)
+ 1c uncooked quinoa, rinsed
+ 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb,) peeled and chopped into small cubes (bigger the cube longer it takes to cook, which can feel like forever when you’ve been smelling this all day)
+ 2tbl chili powder (= 1/2tsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp onion powder, 1/2tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/2tsp dried oregano, 1tsp paprika, 3tsp ground cumin, 2tsp salt, 2tsp pepper. In case your like me and never have any)
+ 1tsp cumin
+ ½ tsp salt
+ ½ tsp paprika
+ 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
+ Avo nuggets, halved avocado cut into cubes
+ Corn chips
- Saute onion, season liberally with S & P. Cook until translucent. Add garlic and then cook for 30 more seconds. (I do this because I think it adds flavor but mostly because this used to be Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili and that’s this is the part when you would cook the turkey – basically a habit (at least I broke the meat habit.)
- Then add to 6-quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients & seasonings, except toppings. Let cook on low for 5-6 hours, or low for 3 hours, or when sweet pots are tender.
- Portion 1 cup (Yields 8-12 servings depending on how hardy your eaters are. Add toppings. (Set aside extra broth for when reheating, or water works just fine for reheating.)
- CHOW DOWN!
- Freezes Well!
+ 1/4 c chickpeas (seasoned w/ cumin, parsley & garlic)
+ 1 c roasted beets
+ 1 handful arugula
+ 1 handful of purple cabbage (great for healthy gut)
+ 1 handful of spinach
+ dressing: lemon juice, tahini, olive oil
+ 1 can Chickpeas
+ 1/3 c Sun-Dried Tomatoes w/ Oil
+ 1/3 c Tahini
+ 1-2 Garlic Cloves
+ S & P
+ Dash of Cumin and Red Chili Flakes
- Blend together in Vitamix until the desired consistency is reached. I usually let blend for 5 minutes. Add oil if you want a less thick texture.
Recipe recommended for Vitamix/High-Speed Blender for soup texture
+ 2 can organic black beans, drained
+ 3 c organic Vegetable Broth
+ 3 cloves of Garlic
+ 1/2 c onion
+ 1 c sauteed red/green/yellow peppers
+ 4 tbl Lime Juice = 2 limes
+ 3 tbl Chili Powder (or favorite Mexican seasonings)
+ S & P to taste
Heat up a pan (I use a cast iron = no oil) sauté roughly chopped onions & peppers until brown then add garlic. Sauté 5 mins.
Drain black beans and add to Blender.
Add remaining ingredients including sauteed veggies once done.
Blend until smooth or desired texture (I used a @vitamix which has a soup setting – worth every penny TBH)
+ 1 c Kale
+ 1 c Spinach
+ 1/2 c Pineapple/Bluebs
+ 1 tbl Flax Meal
+ Ginger Root
+ Tumeric Root
+ ADD: 1 c of Favorite Nut Milk (Cashew Milk included in kit) or Coconut Water
- Lay bag flat in the freezer overnight and 1 c of Cashew Milk.
- Empty continents of the bag into a blender. Blend until ingredients are completely blended, 2 – 5 minutes depending on the blender.
Feel free to get creative with adding fruits or additional greens. Experiment and see what you like but this is a good base for a green smoothie. Get creative, play around and find your unique Green Smoothie!
+ 1/2 c Bobs Mill Gluten Free Quick Oats
+ 1 tbl Chia Seeds
+ Dash of Cinnamon
+ Dash of Nutmeg
+ 1 c Nut Milk (I use my homemade almond or cashew milk!)
+ favorite fruit; bluebs, bananas, apples, raspberries – whatever you’re feeling.
+ favorite granola; I love love love Purely Elizbeth Granola
+ Hemp seed for added protein
+ Any variation of power/superfoods really; goji berries, cacao nibs, chia, the list goes on.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a mason jar. Shake and mix together.
- Add Nut Milk.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Viola perfect oats. Depending on how you like your oats, adjust milk measurements accordingly. I like my oats on the dryer side so I will sometimes only use 3/4 c of Nut Milk or just enough to cover the oats. Try different measurements to experiment and see what you like!
Benefits of Overnight Oats vs Regular Oats?
+ Easier digestion is my number one!!
+ 1 Can of Black Beans
+ 1 Handful of Cilantro
+ 2 Gloves of Garlic
+ S & P to taste
+ 1 tbl Onion Powder
+ 1 tbl Chili Powder
+ Dash of Cumin
+ Red Pepper Flakes (optional if you like it spicy)
- Each container is 2 servings for the weekend. Dip veggies into to hummus or add to the Fajita Greens Salad!
Nutritional Facts - 2 serving per jar